|Ingredients (4 servings)
4 Ib. beef ribs
Roasted sesame oil
9 tbsp finely chopped green onion
vegetables ( onion, green pepper, sliced carrots, mushrooms)
For marinade ( 4 cups )
1/2 can of coke
1 oz ginger root, thinly sliced
1 oz garlic, thinly sliced
2 cups soy sauce
1/2 cup cooking wine (or mild rice vinegar)
6 oz sugar
1/2 tbsp. MSG
- Cut spareribs into serving pieces, remove excess fat from the meat carefully.
(When buying at grocery, you can request butcher to cut beef ribs into 1 inch pieces too.)
- With meaty side down, insert knife under bone and slice, leaving the end uncut.
- Open out flat and slice the meat into half thickness, leaving the end uncut and open
- Make a slit along the center of each bone. This eases the membrane when grilled and
makes the meat split apart easily.
- Marinate and mix with seasonings and vegetables and let it stand for 2 hours or more.
- Broil both sides on preheated grill.
© 2002 Sharon Lee